Last modified September 29th, 2021
Somera Sosyal Medya Araştırma Ölçümleme ve Analiz AŞ is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who:
- visit Somera's website located at www.somera.com.tr, which includes all subdomains, present and future (the "Website");
- use the system that Somera makes available from time to time (the "Dashboard").
To make this policy easier to read, we call the Website and the Dashboard, "Services".
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND USE
i) Registration and Logged-in Users
When you first register for a Somera app we collect some personal information about you such as:
- your email address
- social network account username
- social network account access tokens
As a registered user of Somera's Services, we may also collect the following:
- information you post in the form of messages, conversations, or contributions to discussions exchanged over the Supported Platforms
- information we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as queries or comments concerning our Services
Somera uses the collected information for the following general purposes:
- to identify you when you log in to your account
- to enable us to provide the Services to you
- to verify transactions you make and for billing, security, and authentication (including security tokens for communication with installed Third-Party Apps)
- to analyze the Website, or the other Services and information about our visitors, including research into our user demographics and user behaviour in order to improve our content and Services
- to contact you about your account and provide support
- to keep you informed of information about our Services we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, provided you have indicated you would like to be contacted for these purposes
By submitting information to Somera when registering, you consent to the use of your information for these purposes.
ii) Collection of Personal Information Submitted Voluntarily
For Somera Services users only, Somera may gather Personal Information about organizational representatives via various methods (phone, email, online forms, in-person meetings) but only if such Personal Information is submitted voluntarily. Somera may use such Personal Information for sales, marketing, and support of the Services. This Personal Information is never shared with third parties.
SYSTEM AND DEVICE INFORMATION
Somera automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on our Website, the Services, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies (see "Cookies and Related Technologies" below). For example, each time you visit the Website or otherwise use the Services, we automatically collect your IP address, browser and device type, access times, the web page from which you came, the regions from which you navigate the web page, and the web page(s) you access (as applicable) (collectively referred to as "traffic data"). We may use this data to improve the features and usability of our Services, and better understand and market to our customers and website users.
Somera also makes use of non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Services and Website pages with a view to introducing improvements and improve usability of our Services. Your IP address and other relevant non-identifiable information may be used in order to trace any fraudulent or criminal activity or any activity in violation of the Terms.
COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
The Services use "session cookies", which improve your user experience by storing certain information from your current visit on your device, such as log-in information. These enable us to remember your log-in session so you can move easily within the Website or the other Services. Without these session cookies, we wouldn't be able to provide the Services to you. These session cookies have limited functionalities and expirations, and you may be required to re-enter your Somera log-in information after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents and related Personal Information.
We use the following service to discover usage patterns of users on our web site and services.
Somera uses a specific cookie in order to facilitate the use of Google Universal Analytics for users logged-in to the Applications or the Platforms ("Logged-In User"). If you are a Logged-In User, Somera may use your Somera user ID in combination with Google Universal Analytics and Google Analytics to track and analyze the pages of the Services you visit. We do this only to better understand how you use the Website and the other Services, with a view to offering improvements for all Somera users; and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly, both generally and specifically to you. Google Analytics cookies do not provide Somera with any Personal Information.
Learn more about privacy at Google and to opt-out of this feature by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. The Network Advertising Initiative has also developed a tool that may help you understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser and opt-out of those cookies. Further information can be found at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Please note however that, by blocking or deleting cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website, Applications and/or Platforms. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, and that may affect your ability to view images in other emails that you receive.
WHEN WE MAY SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
(1) when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
(2) where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands;
(3) if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
(4) if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the Services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Services generally);
(5) to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with Somera;
We use industry best practices to keep any information collected and/or transmitted to the Supported Platforms or Third-Party Apps secure. This includes the use of HTTPS with TLS (Transport Layer Security), which encrypts all transmitted data, and OAuth 2.0 protocols for authentication and data transfer to Supported Platforms and Apps.
Certain Personal Information, most notably Somera log-in details, is encrypted during transmission using TLS. Once validated within our system, passwords are deleted from our system.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Services whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk, and this risk is specifically disclaimed in our Terms of Service.
If you are a Logged-in User, it is advisable that you log out of your account at the end of every session and not leave a logged-in account unattended for any period of time, particularly if you use a shared computer or device.
You can see details of our security policy here in Somera Information Security Framework.
INFORMATION STORAGE AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Somera aligns itself with the Safe Harbor privacy principles which is in accordance with the Law on the Protection of Personal Data, no. 6698 of Turkish Penal Code regarding the collection, storage, use, transfer and other processing of Personal Data. The information that you submit via the Services is hosted on secure servers and complies with international legal norms regarding the collection, storage, use, transfer and other processing of Personal Data.
Somera uses email as the primary mode of communications with our users. We want to respect your privacy by only sending emails of interest to you. You may opt out or unsubscribe from any future email communications from within a link provided in each email correspondence that we send you.
You can contact us to obtain a copy of the Personal Information held about you by us. You can also ask us to correct or erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may need to be retained by Somera for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes (e.g. billing, invoices, receipts, etc.) or required or authorized by applicable law. Any requests to obtain your personal information, or to correct or erase your information, or questions and complaints about privacy, should be made by a direct contact with Somera via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You should also be aware that Somera acts as a conduit between our users and the various Supported Platforms and Third-Party APIs. In several instances, the content published via Somera will not be in Somera's custody or control, and any content that has been shared by you through any Supported Platform or Third-Party API via the Services may continue to be available to third parties and the public at large, as this content is now under the control of the operators of the Supported Platforms and/or the Third-Party APIs. You should also be aware that you can revoke the Third-Party API permissions given to Somera Services via the Third-Parties appropriate pages (Twitter - https://twitter.com/settings/applications, Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications, Google & Youtube - https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions)